Register your interest for 1 of 5 BULLY Project Toolkits
With the support of Sydney Community Foundation, we are looking for 5 Secondary Schools in Sydney to receive a free BULLY Project Educators DVD & Toolkit to implement in your school this year.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE Friday 10th June
To be eligible to receive a free Toolkit, you will need to implement parts of the Toolkit as appropriate for your school. Katie Barry, Impact Producer for The BULLY Project in Australia will support you through the critical stages that you must undertake including:
1. Teacher TrainingDepending on your school needs, this might be a session in your staff meeting or several sessions over a period of time. Katie could also help to design a longer PD session if you feel that’s what’s needed at your school.
2. Undertake a School Climate SurveyYou may already be gathering this data which is great, but if not, you will need to commit to undertaking a School Climate Survey
3. Implement The BULLY Project Lesson PlansWe have developed lesson plans for years 7-10 that map to the PDHPE Curriculum, but could also be tailored for offering in Homeroom/Registration Period or on special school incursions.
4. Hold a screening of BULLYHold a screening of BULLY at your school for students, parents or the whole community.
5. Facilitate Students to lead their own BULLY ProjectThere are SO many possibilities for what students can carry out in their school. Maybe it’s a poster competition, creating a safe hallway, or holding an awareness day. Check out our Take Action page to get some ideas.
6. Review the projectYou will work closely with Katie Barry (Impact Producer for Australia) and partake in a review of how The BULLY Project is going at your school. The review consists of short surveys along the way and casual phone/skype check-ins.
7. Sharing Your StoryKatie will develop a digital story of how your school is implementing The BULLY Project which may consist of photos, video and some student, staff, parent testimonials. This will be featured on The BULLY Project website and social media and maybe with some of our partners too!
We’ll kick off the above activities this year, and could take up to a year to complete depending on how intensive your school is interested to partake.
MASSIVE THANKS TO:
SPREAD THE LOVE • SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!